fot

Re: [Fot] trunnion/ control arm bushing

To: <Fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] trunnion/ control arm bushing
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 07:52:37 -0700
> B B To clarify, with the 1/8"+ gap at the trunnion and the arms, as soon
> as I
> try to lessen the gap, the trunnion binds up tight.

In that case, I agree, something is bent or out of line.

If you can turn the trunnion with the arms in the 1/8" position, that would
eliminate the trunnion pin I think.  Likewise if it stays the same
throughout the range of motion, that would eliminate the inner pins.  That
leaves the arms themselves.

Is there any chance the new bushings were reamed at an angle?  1/8" over the
length of those arms is still a darn small angle.

Randall