fot

Re: [Fot] Nissan 5 speed conversion?

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Nissan 5 speed conversion?
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 10:02:56 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 11 Aug 2009, Mark J Bradakis wrote:

> I know that Hermann van der whatever offers a kit to put a Toyota
> 5 speed gearbox into a TR.  Does anyone know of something similar
> that uses a Nissan tranny?

I know this is not what you asked, but we had a local-ish dude show up at
Day of Triumph a week or two ago who has a sweet looking setup that uses a
T5 tranny... here's his web site:

www.dupontmachining.com

The setup uses a new cast bell housing and you need specific T5's (with
mods), but it has the hydraulic throw out bearing and all that stuff.

It can also fit all sorts of Triumphs, from what I gather.

The dude seems to be a real British car enthusiast, he showed up at Day of
Triumph in a sweet looking TVR2500 with the conversion in it. He's been
making the rounds at the local-ish British car shows as I saw that car in
pix from the annual Show of Dreams put on by British Cars of NH this
weekend past.

NFI, of course. But check it  out. Speaking for myself, I'd have to say
this is a nice looking setup. I believe he can also do custom stuff, for a
price, of course.

> mjb.

regards,
rml
Bob Lang              NER/SCCA                 |  This space for rent
Solo Chair 2009       TR6 40 F Prepared        |  Triumph!
Voice:781-438-2568    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489