fot

Re: [Fot] CRC

To: "Richard Buckingham, Jr" <rebjrmd@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] CRC
From: "MORDY DUNST" <gasket.works@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 17:44:44 -0700
All:

 What a blast.  I'd do it again ... as soon as I can get some parts.  I used
my car up.  Gear box only has three forward gears and the left half
shaft/diff parts are still on the track me thinks.   Some kind track worker
said it looked liked a Keystone cops movie of yesteryear when parts came
out.

Bill B put on one hell of a dinner on Saturday.  What a spread!  Fresh Lamb
and beef from his daughters ranch.  I still don't know what a "Flat Iron"
cut is but, damn it tastes good.  But, the Lamb was spectacular.   And Henry
Frye  well... just grilled these to perfection.  All the fixings and grog to
wet any appetite.  ...oh, btw  while being the consumate host that night
Bill was also pounding out some metal in the Peyote due to someone elses
foolishness.  The crew was pro all the way... could hardly tell when
repaired.

During Friday practice Chuck Gee slipped in the rain while on an upshift and
had some body work to contend with.   But, thanks to some adjustments, crow
bars, chains, six able bodies working while ten others gaulked in amazement
the darn #14 Spitfire was put together so well the corner workers had to
come by to the pits to ensure that Chuck did not pull a fast one... i.e.
having a spare identically numbered car.  Damn, I wish I had a photo of Kas
spray painting his car.
Oh, the swap meet helped... lots of inexpensive spares.   I kind of like the
idea of having British swap meets during vintage racing.  Kudos, to the
clever folks whodreamed that amalgam together.

How many transmissions did Jerry Barker go through?  four?  He can change a
transmission in his Herald faster than I can change four tires, oil, plugs
and brakes.

Joe had the very pretty and clean Ambro special (short wind screen).  Tall
Kas along side in the passenger seat during the Kas Cup race - started to
drizzle just as the parade lap started.  Racers were lucky... we had eye
protection from the rain drops...  I'm not sure what  Joe and Kas had to do
to stay on the correct part of the track- hard to see when your eyes are
closed...bet the drops stung.

Sovren crew and the Buckingham's are a class act and lots of fun.
Especially, at the Sunday Dinner Party.  Thanks to Dick and Judy, corner
workers, Race Chairman, and all the kind folks who allowed us to play.

Oh-----I found out that the PIR is VERY near a golf course-  don't ask how
but, that Slazenger 7 had somemarks on it that weren't green. I hope it is
still has some usefull purposes... I gave it to Kas and Peggy to putt around
with.

Mordy