fot

[Fot] Beware of Moss figure eight gaskets

To: "Friends of triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Beware of Moss figure eight gaskets
From: "Jim Gray" <toodamnfunky@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 14:11:36 -0600
FoT/ FYI,

The copper figure 8's that would come with the standard gasket set are .006
thicker

than the shim steel gaskets. I was just about to fit the cylinder head when
I thought

I'd give it a check. Sure enough, way too high.

I almost took it for granted as on the last build I had the block decked and
the liners

machined to exactly .004 proud. Wish I would have had that same thought
before I

put the pistons in but disaster averted nevertheless.

It's likely many of you already knew this but it's new to me.

Jim G