fot

Re: [Fot] Survey: TR3-4 camshaft breakage

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Survey: TR3-4 camshaft breakage
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 17:59:11 EDT
I agree completely with Greg.

I never had a problem with the Kas cams, including the one that he ground
for me on the last known blank from the Triumph parts system.

I had two cam grinders brush off the information about the two diameters,
and lost three cams over the years.

The most frustrating one broke in front of the gear in T3 at the old
Laguna; if only the rotor had stopped pointing to the #1 plug, the crank
trigger
might have made it to the top of the hill on the last lap of the last
season  race, as the front two lobes still worked; it cost the divisional title.

The worst was one that broke in two places, and allowed the front part of
the cam to fall down into the crank.

I installed and closely watched the cam bearings, and polished the radii on
 both sides of the gear, and magged the cam at least once a year.

Hardy

In a message dated 10/4/2009 9:06:04 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,