fot

Re: [Fot] Scattershield - playdate with a welder

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>, Mark Eginton
Subject: Re: [Fot] Scattershield - playdate with a welder
From: Kas Kastner <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 8:43:41 -0800
That method works okay, I have used it in the past and also using heavy
belting.  three inches isn't very wide but two pieces welded side to side
should be great.  History of blows up in that area showed me that it was the
clutch that went away first and sometimes takes the flywheel with it.
---- Mark Eginton <markconsultation@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

=============
I was in Lowes and saw some 1/8" steel stock perfect for a scatter
shield 3" wide so here is how I spent my weekend:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28599565@N04

Think it will do the job or is there something I need to consider adding
or changing. I plan to run my dad's lightened flywheel which visually
has seen a lathe back in the '60s. I had it magnifluxed and it is fine
but I still feel the need for a shield - I like being ambulatory...

The idea is to keep the car the way he raced it - drive it to the track,
pull the windshield and passenger seat - add a plexiglas deflection
shield and go have fun. So, I wanted it to hide under the carpet.

Thanks,