fot

[Fot] Adjustable chain wheels

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Adjustable chain wheels
From: "MadMarx" <tr4racing@googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:28:13 +0100
Just a thought. (I hope I get this explained well)
There were some worn out distributor drives in the past where the teeth on
the cam gear has gone thin and broke after a while.
Were on these cams adjustable chain wheels mounted with an aluminum center
mounting plate?

I saw one of these adjustable chain wheels with aluminum center plate that
has worn out at the contact spot with the bearing housing. The cam started
floating from that and this might damage the gears after a while.

The chain wheel needs only a few races to wear out.

There are adjustable chain wheels with steel center plate that should not
cause this trouble.

Might worth to check your wheels if they have some future trouble in store.

Cheers
Chris
\
fot@autox.team.net