fot

Re: [Fot] brake seals, Toyota calipers, et al

To: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@bright.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] brake seals, Toyota calipers, et al
From: robert bownes <bownes@seiri.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 16:22:05 -0500
Re downforce of the nissan GTP cars.

I remember a certain Friday at Lime Rock Park when John Morton experiences a
significant _lack_ of downforce at the top of the uphill.

I was @ turn 2 at the time. If you've never seen Roz Rozitoski's photos of
the shunt, you are missing a classic. Roz had the old Nikon grinding out
6pfs when John came up the hill and got the front off of the ground. The
rest of the car followed, going totally airborne, flipping front over back
and landing upside down and backwards, then flipping back over and coming to
a stop in more than a few pieces. There are, I think about 5 or 6 frames in
the series. By frame 2, the car is in the air. in frame 3, the car hasn't
landed yet and the corner worker, Bruce Kohlker is already on his way with a
fire bottle.

Amazing.

Heady days those were.