fot

[Fot] Spitty vibes - Update #1

To: <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Spitty vibes - Update #1
From: "Norlin Engineering" <norlinengineering@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 07:54:21 -0700
Picked up the rebuilt driveshaft today.  The guy that did it wasn't there
today, so I'm not sure all that was done.  What they told me was hand
selecting rollers to minimize play in the slip joint - That seems to have
worked, much better than when I took it in.  They were also selecting
u-joint caps to eliminate end play there.  And then a rebalance.  The
paperwork just says check, straighten & balance.

Shaft goes in the car tomorrow.  Car is on the track at Portland Saturday
morning with wife, Patty driving.  She experienced the problems at
Thunderhill, so will be able to tell any difference.

More on Sunday or Monday.

Jim
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com