fot

Re: [Fot] Rear Differential Clunk Repair in the Car--Host hotel for

To: "Glenn Franco" <gaf3@charter.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>, "Friends
Subject: Re: [Fot] Rear Differential Clunk Repair in the Car--Host hotel for
From: "Richard Good" <goodparts@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 23:59:30 -0400
I do them from the bottom with the body on.  If the front pins are cracked
around the weld at the top you can re-weld them from the bottom.  Whether or
not they were cracked you should strengthen them or they will.  Before
welding plated to the sides of the front mounts I cut a piece of 3/16" x 1"
flat iron to fit  inside of the mount box from front to back and along side
of the pin.  Then weld to the front and back walls and vertically along its
1" contact with the pin.  This prevents the pin from moving and cracking the
weld at the top again.

Richard Good