fot

Re: [Fot] TR3-4 water pumps

To: "'John Wagner'" <j.wags63@yahoo.com>, <Fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR3-4 water pumps
From: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 11:44:48 -0500
On our TR4 we had a 6 blade water pump and the shaft was turned down to
5/16-18 inch for the threaded end for the nut to hold the pulley on.  This
stub threaded shaft broke off, we overheated and cracked 2 liners.  I
replaced it with the 4 vane pump from Moss which has a 1/2 inch diameter,
12mm pitch thread to hold the pulley on.  It came with a Nylok nut but the
threaded portion is too short to engage the Nylok.  It's on my To Do list to
contact Moss for a spare 1/2 inch diameter, 12mm pitch nut!!  We noticed no
difference in cooling performance with the 4 vane versus the 6 vane.  And
the end of the shaft of the 4 vane didn't break off!

Tim