fot

Re: [Fot] TR6 Aluminum Heads & special TR-4 heads

To: riverside <riverside@southslope.net>, BillDentin@aol.com,
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR6 Aluminum Heads & special TR-4 heads
From: Kas Kastner <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 10:36:32 -0700
It is interesting the Greg has one of he heads and states that the edge on the
spark plug side is thicker.  Terrific Morgan driver, Lew Spencer, is my great
friend, and Greg now has his car, so as I had done some engines for Lew, maybe
that is the routing of that piece. the thicker edge is true, but on some of
them I noted strangely, that the shelf was very thin and actually had a slight
curve and you could see the top of the block, just as edge that is, right at
the back. So don't use the edge thickness of the pushrod shelf as a criteria.
---- riverside <riverside@southslope.net> wrote:

Reminds me of what my old sponsor,  (mostly free advice)
an independent TR repair shop
told me a long time (40 years)ago.
It may be true that all you know you learned from Kas,
but don't think for a second he's taught you all he knows!

 art de armond