fot

[Fot] TR4 head gasket leak today at PIR

To: Triumph Friends of <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TR4 head gasket leak today at PIR
From: Mike Mehl <mike.mehl@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 18:28:29 -0700 (PDT)
Well;
I have been chasing some weird cooling issues which I though I has
sorted out.  Trailerd down to Portland Intl.  made it one lap.  Didn't
overheat it but squirted water out the overflow tank.   I did not build the
engine and this is my first triumph.  I had some off line discussions with a
few FOT folks trying to sort this out.  Like I said I thought I had it fixed.
I understand there are a few tricks to assembling the head gasket.  It is
leaking to the outside in the right front of the head.

Looking for some
tips on replacing the head gasket.

thanks!!!!!

Mike Mehl