fot

Re: [Fot] TR4A Stripped Threads in Block

To: M&M Hado <mdhado@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4A Stripped Threads in Block
From: Steven Belfer <colordog.1@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 07:39:34 -0700
Questions,
Is the engine being freshly built on the stand or is the head being
replaced with the engine in the car?
As the head was being torqued on, one of the long studs pulled up
through its threads deep in the block?

~Steve

On Apr 25, 2010, at 5:41 AM, M&M Hado wrote:

A friend just stripped one of the long cylinder head stud threads in the
deep hole when the torque got to 90 ft-lb.  It was hard seeing a grown
man
cry.  My first thought is that the block is toast.  I'm sure he's not
the
first so are there any suggestions for a fix?  It's a street TR4A.

Mike