fot

Re: [Fot] No vacuum after Spitfire engine rebuild

To: "'Tony Drews'" <tony@tonydrews.com>, "'Bill Babcock'"
Subject: Re: [Fot] No vacuum after Spitfire engine rebuild
From: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 22:00:54 -0500
Ryan can also attest to the problem caused when the intake manifold on the
TR4 is not seated on the pins properly!  If you've got SU's you should be
able to see the pistons moving up and down quite a bit as you are cranking
it with the ignition shut off.  If not, you've got a massive intake leak
someplace.  Now we check to see if the pistons on the SU's are moving up and
down after we have the manifolds off to make sure we don't have that
problem.

Tim