fot

Re: [Fot] Austin America question

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Austin America question
From: "David W. Riddle" <dave@microworks.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 23:12:55 -0700
Austin America oddity.

Two weekends ago was the BEAT Rally.  One of the prizes they give each
year is for the most desirable car.  There are two Judges.  One whom
drives a car from the "Continent" and the other Judge drives a car from
the "Isles".  They are supposed to pick the car (about 150 to choose
from) that they like the best.  The critera is simple.

"If all the cars were in the parking lot gassed up with the keys in the
ignition which car would you take."

This year for some unknown reason they choose an Austin America (page 2,
right side row 3 near the E-Type, Bentley, A-H 3000)  .  It was a nice
example no doubt but....

Look over the Photo Gallery of cars that were on the trip and tell me if
it would have been your choice too.

http://www.beataz.com

Here is the Gallery of the cars on the road.  You can select the other
2010 Photo Sections (and previous years) from the Galleries menu

FYI: I was driving the 63k original miles 1975 Maserati Merak shown on
photo page 4 on the bottom left near the red Ferrari Daytona, black
Porsche 935, yellow Lamborghini Gallardo, etc...

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive