fot

Re: [Fot] Rechargeable Transponder

To: "Joe Henry" <jhd11@hotmail.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Rechargeable Transponder
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@spitfire4.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 14:01:10 -0500
I agree with Bud and Joe. I put a hardwired transponder in my car, and wired
it directly to my kill switch. The concept is, if the car is on, the
transponder is on. Never have to fuss with charging it or remembering to put
it in. If I plan not to use it for a long time (last year I didn't race,
just autocrossed), I take out the line fuse.

If you're planning to swap it around multiple cars, then just set it up with
easy disconnects. Actually, the line fuse itself is an easy disconnect for
the hot wire. Your easy disconnect for the ground may just be a sheet metal
screw and a Phillips-head screwdriver.

--Rocky Entriken