fot

Re: [Fot] Fw: [cvar_general] US F1 Grand Prix in Austin !?!

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@cox.net>, Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>, Bob
Subject: Re: [Fot] Fw: [cvar_general] US F1 Grand Prix in Austin !?!
From: Mike Mehl <mike.mehl@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 19:11:49 -0700 (PDT)
lets see.  Watkins Glen, Long Beach, Phoenix, Detroit, Dallas, Indy.  Did I
miss any.  The F1 sanctioning fee was 20 million US for Indy.  I think that
added up to about $100 per ticket for the US GP at Indy based on 200,000
tickets sold.  The Hulman family paid the fee.  Most countries pay the fee.
That is why we see more and more F1 in the middle east.  I was fortunate to
see the Tyrell 6 wheel car run in Watkins Glen and make two of the F1 races in
Indy.

It is hard for promoters to make money in this country on F1.  The
world wide tv audiance is 600 million per event.
Off to Indy this weekend for
my 31st 500 in a row.

Mike Mehl