fot

[Fot] FOT Spitfires and Steve Sargis

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] FOT Spitfires and Steve Sargis
From: n197tr4@cs.com
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 10:43:26 -0400
FOT,

The reason for asking about Steve Sargis is about Spitfires.  Spitfire
interest for vintage racing has been growing.

I'd like to have the FOT invite Steve Sargis to the Heartland.

I am amazed at the growth of Triumph vintage racing in the central states.
Entries for this event bear that out. Having Steve Sargis there may be an
inspiration to more of the Sptifire/GT6 wanabees.

If it hadnt been for Bob Wismer in 1990 we would not have launched our
efforts, first with a Saab Sonnett, then the TR4, which we have run for 20
years.  I went from a long time wanabee to the vintage scene.  (Andre will
likely cut his teeth on the Fiat and then come back to TRs)

Sam Halkias is coming. Steve Sargis would be a nice addition. Hardy being
there would be VERY cool, I need discuss with him, yet, but he has really paid
his dues to the Triumph Community. Have not said anything to Jack Wheeler yet
either, but will.

Four National Champs at Heartland would be very cool.

Anyway....any support here would be appreciated. I dont know Steve Sargis, but
I think he may enjoy what we are doing. I know Kas would like to see him....he
was featured in Kas' first book.

Thanks,

Joe
fot@autox.team.net