fot

[Fot] Spax shock info for IRS cars

To: fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Spax shock info for IRS cars
From: toodamnfunky@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 23:07:58 +0000 (UTC)
Greetings

I blew out one of my Spax adjustables on the rear in a minor shunt. I had a
bit of a time

finding a replacement. As it turns out my shocks are custom madeB for BPNW for
lowered springs.

I had to call Spax to find that out.

So, for those of you running the spax shocks that were originally intended for
street springs ( Dan)

and go to lowered springs you will find out the Spax shocks for street
springsB are 1.5" longer than

the shocks made for lowered springs. Your springs will want to fall out of the
perches when raised.

I don't know what affect this may have on overall shock travel.

The part number is G3072 ( stamped in the body ) and they come in gas charged
( labeled as Gas

Krypton ) or non-gas charged just labeled Spax. I have both types at the
moment and the part

number doesn't differentiate, same for both.

Just FYI

Jim G

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com