fot

[Fot] NEW SCROLL SEALS FROM GERMANY...Corrected Factory Manual

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] NEW SCROLL SEALS FROM GERMANY...Corrected Factory Manual
From: n197tr4@cs.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 22:12:32 -0400
FOT LIST

Christian is going run another production run of his new combination
SCROLL/LIP SEAL.  The existing scroll seal requires a minor modification, but
the new Viton Lip Seal does not require the grinding of the crank.

If you want to be on a list of recipients of these seals, please let me know.
Christian will ship bulk to me and I will forward to you.

I had a fixture made to modify the OEM scroll seal, so if you would rather not
have this done yourself, I can make arrangements to have it done on an
exchange basis.

The new VITON SEAL will be passed through at my cost from Christian...at least
not to the FOT for the time being.

During the course of this project we discovered that others found an error in
the Factory Manual on the ASSEMBLY MANDRIL. I believe the credit goes largely
to Hardy Prentice. This correction has been reviewed by others, including
Christian, and verified.

Tim Murphy may have independently discovered this error and arrived at the
same conclusion.....

Kas' latest book was revised to reflect this dimension....

Moss Motors has been notified of the error......

To that end, I am producing a quantity of ASSEMBLY MANDRILS to the corrected
dimension. These will be offered to the FOT and others at a low cost.
(BTW, The new ASSEMBLY MANDRIL is designed so it can be used with the typical
engine stand......)

The VITON SEALS and the new ASSEMBLY MANDRIL will be available in about three
to four weeks.

Let me know and I will put you on a list and notify you when they become
available.

Joe A
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com