fot

[Fot] Shocks going bad at the wrong time

To: "FOT team" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Shocks going bad at the wrong time
From: "Robert Johns" <rjohns@woh.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 22:34:30 -0400
How would you like pulling up to  the starting grid knowing that your right
rear shock is completely dead? That happened to me at the last race I ran in
Germany in the summer of 1956.  I drove to the track and felt the something
was wrong. Did the old fender pushing trick and found the I had NO resistance
at all, either down or rebound on the right rear.  What to do but to go
racing. Airport circuit with drainage ditches filled partial with sand.  Great
sport, but you just drive over adversities. Did OK, I won the race against a
V8 Fiat. Boy, was he mad.
Bob Johns
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com