fot

Re: [Fot] Figured it OUT!!!!!!!!! ya hoo Re: More help needed on

To: Mike Mehl <mike.mehl@yahoo.com>, Triumph Friends of <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Figured it OUT!!!!!!!!! ya hoo Re: More help needed on
From: T Thompson <tylerpthompson@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 22:03:05 -0700 (PDT)
Tonight, I fabricated a large "washer" to put over the top of the float tops.
Essentially, I took some aluminum plate and drilled it out with a 2 3/4 inch
hole saw. Then I took a 2 inch hole saw and used the same pilot hole to drill
out the center (pilot hole kept it symmetrical. This combination of hole saw
sizes seems to give me the washer width needed.

Using the existing float top as a guide, I marked the orientation of the three
screw holes on the *washer" and drilled them out.  Then I put the float tops
on, oriented them front to rear, and placed the "washers" over the top lining
it up with the existing screw holes in the float bowl and tightened it down.
Seems to seat fine and I have no leaks so far.

The only thing is that the screws inevitably end up under the fuel inlet and
outlet to the second carb.  I am going to get a float top with a single fuel
inlet like I have for the rear carb, put it on front, and just run separate
lines to each carb. That way I only have one fuel inlet on the front bowl that
will be a little bit harder to tighten.

Hoping this solves the flooding problem now that the float bowls are front to
rear.  Hope this helps others if it works! will know next test and tune day (or
drive around the hood).

Ty