fot

[Fot] IRS Shock Length

To: triumph fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] IRS Shock Length
From: Dan Forgey <cofrog@q.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 17:58:55 +0000
Listers,

I recently installed the 550# rear springs that Moss Europe sells on my IRS
TR4A.  These springs are considerably shorter that the old ones.  The new
springs can be installed/removed without loosening the long Spax shocks that I
have.  These shocks are the Spax that come with the Moss tube shock
conversion.

I have wired the springs to the upper spring plate so they cannot fall out.
My concern is these longer shocks may bottom out with the shorter springs.
Has anyone run these springs or similar springs with the long Spax shocks that
Moss sells and, if so, had any problems with bottoming out?

The car is non-functioning at this time and I'm trying to get it squared away
for Topeka.  I probably will not be able to see how the above setup works
until getting on the track at Topeka and would hate to have the shocks be a
problem.  I can (maybe should) acquire some shorter Spax shocks to be on the
safe side.  Any experience/input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan Forgey
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com