fot

[Fot] The Kastner Cup, not the FOT cup.

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] The Kastner Cup, not the FOT cup.
From: Kas Kastner <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 12:13:42 -0700
I have always been a better than average racing lawyer, and did devote more
than a little time to carefully reading every sentence and every word of every
rule. So maybe I can give a little clairification of this deal. This is about
TRIUMPH CARS and entrants, not FOT cars and entrants.

First off, it was never meant to be a prize for the all out winner of a race
that is  designated as the CUP event, it might be the first overall guy, and
it has happened, but only once in 6 events. Half of the voting points are
awarded to the OUTSTANDING Triumph driver in the race designated. But, that is
only half of it. 25% is awarded to vintage racing entrants that normally
support that series, Vintage Racing,  and whose attitude reflects a the spirit
of the series. 25% of the points is awarded on  the presentation of the car.
That means a neat, clean, smart looking car that is well prepared. The final
50% is for the performance in the racing event. With a purpose, I devised this
latitude to assist in judging the winner of the Cup. The idea of awarding this
cup, in the very beginning, was to give a bit of special attention to the
people that have put their love and efforts and hard cash into the sport and
into their cars.  I love Triumph cars and I thought this award might make a
few folks happy to get some attention for their efforts.

The club responsible for the total event that administers tech inspection
determines the legality of the entrant, though it is my opinion that if your
car is legal to your local clubs regulations, you make the cut. Jack Worhle at
the Watklin's Glen event did a terrific job and making it possible for
everyone to race together. It might be a good idea to ask him to participate.
The same was done at Portland last year.  Every clubs entrants, with different
specifications, were all running together and it was a great event.

There is usually several races for all cars. Not just the Triumph race, so it
is not a plan to cut out some folks because of their local club regulations.
Sure, the rules are different and so are the preparation of each, but for the
most part it is pretty easy to pick out the few in the Triumph race that is
OUTSTANDING. At least it has been so far. It has been terribly close right
down  to the end in several of the CUP events, but in the end, it was a clear
cut decision.

This is not  a "popularity contest" or a "deserving person" contest. It is not
always an easy choice, but in the end, I make the count, and the final
decision, blame me if you do not agree with the outcome.
---- gasket.works@gte.net wrote:

I like rules.  They invigorate my curiosity for ways to confound them.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile