fot

Re: [Fot] FOT GT6 Goes Racing

To: Scott Janzen <s.janzen@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] FOT GT6 Goes Racing
From: Jason Ostrowski <jason@multivintage.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 09:05:01 -0500
Took the poor old stinky rear end out and took a peek at it last night, it
was a "locker" as well. I was using redline synthetic gear lube as well. The
pinion gear had a major chunk come off an little bits of metal were floating
around with the oil. So, I did find the problem, But I'm not sure exactly
why it happened. Nothing really happened that should have caused that but as
we say often in racing...SH** HAPPENS.... Nonetheless I was unfortunately
"Beaten by Equipment"

Hope the spare holds up longer. I used a about 3/4 of the Quart of Redline
synthetic 75w90 gear lube. and put it in...Not the easiest job I've ever
done. It took quite a while.

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html