fot

Re: [Fot] VENUE PROPOSALS FOR KASTNER CUP-2011 IMPORTANT FOR

To: billb@bnj.com, adams910@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] VENUE PROPOSALS FOR KASTNER CUP-2011 IMPORTANT FOR
From: GRMTim@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 07:56:47 EDT
Conceptually I agree, but have found some fun lesser tracks like Hutchinson
Island in Savannah, Hallet when I ran with you guys and Gingerman are a lot
of fun.

Was at VIR this weekend and it and Mid Ohio are still two of my favorites.

Tim Suddard
Publisher; Classic Motorsports
and Grassroots Motorsports magazines
www.classicmotorsports.net
www.grassrootsmotorsports.com
Phone: (386) 239-0523 Fax: (386) 239-0723

 Amen, brother. I discovered on my long tour (www.allaluminumtour.com) that
most historic tracks are also great tracks. And most of the ones you never
heard of are not. The best you can say about the modern tracks is that they
are "interesting". Would I rather go to Sears or Thunderhill. No contest.

A great track has places to pass, challenging corners, places to go fast,
and
requires technique, tactics and strategy. I spent some time thinking about
this once and decided why I like Portland International Raceway even though
there are no elevation changes (which I generally consider critical). It's
because you need a strategy for each opponent based on the relative
strengths
and weaknesses of their car and yours. You can be a second slower at PIR
and
win with a superior strategy. Been there, done exactly that.

Limerock--historically significant but kind of boring. Watkins
Glen--separates
the sheep from the goats (according to Tony Garmey). Road America--where am
I?
Fast and interesting. Road Atlanta--incredibly varied and some fine passing
places. Sears--Awesome, great passing spots, fast and tricky. Laguna --
some
nice corners, the corkscrew is fun and turn nine is a challenge, but not in
the same league as Sears. VIR--fiddly, but fun. Mosport--oh my god. What
were
they thinking.