fot

Re: [Fot] Woodman Tire at Heartland Park

To: <bswope959@msn.com>, <GSFuqua1@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [Fot] Woodman Tire at Heartland Park
From: "Bob Kramer" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 14:25:46 -0500
Gary and Bill have put an awful lot of work into this event and landed a
pretty nice sponsor in O'Reilly's. The first event of any kind is always a
crap shoot, but like Joe says, the Triumph guys have it made. When I started
racing back in 1996 CVAR had an August date at Texas World Speedway. Boy was
it hot in the sun, but we all made sure we had shadein the paddock. The
drivers had the coolest time, crusing around at speed. If it is the heat in
Topeka that is keeping you away don't let it. Just remember to come late to
the grid (he-he) or bring an umbrella, drink lot's of Ozarka and drive fast.
You'll be fine. It's not too late to make the decision to come. I hope
everyone that can cake it comes.

You know, with the new F-1 track being built here in Austin, an FOT event at
that world-class facility is an opportunity for the future. I think the
track owners will want well run  vintage festival on their calendar. Maybe
this could be in HVR's future as CVAR doesn't do spectator events.

Bob Kramer
Volente, TX

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch
excellence.
Vince Lombardi