fot

Re: [Fot] Fwd: Hoosier R6 tire pressures

To: Bill Babcock <billbab@me.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Fwd: Hoosier R6 tire pressures
From: Mark Vaden <markvaden@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 13:30:27 -0700
> > The only way to get it right is tire temperatures. Honestly, I don't
> understand why people ask "what tire pressure are you using". You might as
> well ask "what size pants are you wearing".

I think the reason I ask is for a starting point. I use a pyrometer to
narrow it in, but on these tires the range specified by the manufacturer is
significantly different than my previous tires. I figured since a lot of us
drive TR4s they should all be reasonably close as a starting point.
 Likewise if I were in a country that measured their pants in mm or by some
size instead of waist and length, I would probably ask a guy who was similar
in size to myself what size pants he was wearing!

-Mark
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html