fot

Re: [Fot] Brake Fluid temps

To: "Tony & Annie Garmey" <horizonracing@msn.com>, "Randall"
Subject: Re: [Fot] Brake Fluid temps
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 04:17:07 -0700
In our 1800 lbs. Morgan super sport with the standard brake calipers and
rotors fitted.  We have had very good luck using the Castrol LMA. We have a
single tandem master cylinder , Girling brand. We replace the fluid at least
every other event, or it the car has been unused for 7 months or more..The
brakes aware used very hard. In two race weekends at Laguna Seca, (the track
in our immediate area that is hardest on brakes) the outer caliper dust seal
with get crisp so it will shatter at the slightest touch. The rubber seal
material is obviously not up to the temperature that they reach.The rotor
temperature reach 850 degrees. The only time we have ever experience fad
caused by boiling fluid was when the fluid had not been replace in two
years. After 3 laps of the first practice session, the pedal began to
require two or three pumps to get any pressure at the pedal. Flushing the
fluid and installing new LMA completely cured the problem.

                                Regards,

                                    Greg Solow
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com