fot

[Fot] 40 DOCE for a 1147 Spit

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] 40 DOCE for a 1147 Spit
From: "Robert MacKenzie" <list@mackenzie.aero>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 11:46:24 -0500
I recently was given a weber DOCE 151 carb on a "LYNX SPIT" manifold that I
intend to install on the 1147 engine in my '62 Spitfire racecar.

The carb is in good condition but is lacking the linkage.  My car still has
the original bellcrank throttle linkage controlling the SUs

Does anybody in FOT world run this carb on an 1147 powered early Spitfire?
If so can you please send me some photos of your throttle linkages?

Also; any recommendations on jetting would be appreciated as well.

Robert MacKenzie
NASS # 511
Austin Texas
'79 1500 (street)