fot

[Fot] engine break-in

To: FoT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] engine break-in
From: Bobby Whitehead <igofaster@att.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 07:32:32 -0700 (PDT)
After working out a vacuum leak in my intake manifold or carb's or both, I
finally got the GT6 to fire on all cylinders although a little rough. I'm
registered for TWS with CVAR for next weekend. The engine oil is Joe Gibbs
break
in oil.
So... brand new rebuild. What should be my break in plan for the weekend?
run 4000 rpm for friday and gradually get to 5000 ... 6000 by sunday?  should I
run the break in oil through the weekend and change when we get back home after
(optimistically) I run through the weekend.
Friday is test and tune, open wheel cars and close wheel cars back and forth
for
15 minute sessions, usually 4-5 times out on the track... Saturday, three 15
minute sessions. Sunday 1 15 minute session, two 20 minute sessions...

All the best,
Bobby Whitehead
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com