fot

Re: [Fot] drivers suit opinions

To: trmarty@hotmail.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] drivers suit opinions
From: LimeyV8@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 11:59:38 EDT
In a message dated 10/31/2010 10:22:55 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
trmarty@hotmail.com writes:

Soliciting opinions, positives/negatives. One piece versus two piece?  Two
layer with flame retardant undies versus three layer with  out.

I've only used a 1 piece 3-layer suit. I like it. With a 3-layer  suit and
no nomex undies, i think its a lot easier to get comfortable out of the  car
- wear gym shorts and a T-shirt under a 3-layer suit and you can get out of
 it pretty quick without having to go somewhere else and change. I suppose
a  2-piece suit offers a similar advantage (take off the top only) but I'd
rather  get out of the whole thing. Note: so far, I've only raced in The
Sunny  South - in a northern climate YMMV

I must add this: I think the Cool Shirt is the greatest invention since
the wheel - in August at Roebling Road, the heat index was 107 degrees - the
most comfortable place to be was in the car in a 3 piece suit, balaclava,
and  full face helmet - with ice water running thru the Cool Shirt.

Cheers,
Jack Mc
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com