fot

Re: [Fot] Head torquing

To: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Head torquing
From: Bobby Whitehead <igofaster@att.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 10:01:49 -0700 (PDT)
Hey Edward and others... timely questions on head torque...

Many thanks to Kas and all the others on information relating to 'break-in' of
fresh build... I have to go with Kas as he "has done it this way for 40 years"
which was run the engine without blipping up to 2000 rpm for 15 minutes, stop,
check everything, if all checks out, re-start run up to 2500 rpm for 5 minutes.
Drain break-in oil, change filter, add oil and go racing.... pretty straight
forward. Thank FoT and Kas for the treasured information and advice.

Now... re-torquing head and adjusting the valves before we go racing. I'm
running 10.5 : 1 compression with ARP head bolts and nuts. The service manual
calls for head torque @ 65-70 lbs. Shouldn't I be torquing the head more with
added compression and ARP hardware?

All the best....  Sunday garage time. Beer. Football. Wrenching....

Bobby Whitehead

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html