fot

Re: [Fot] TR4 Rocker Arm Ratio?

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4 Rocker Arm Ratio?
From: Rich Rock <rikrock@live.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 15:08:47 -0500
Thanks for all the excellent replies.  Seems like the best way to know for
sure is to actually measure the rocker arms in question.

  The reason I'm trying to be so exact is that I am looking at the possibility
of installing  roller rockers in place of the stock ones on some motors which
have oversize intake valves, fairly thin heads, steel shim gasket, not much
deck height and .370" lift at cam.  All the things which combine to make for
valve clearance concerns, especially when it comes to the depth of the relief
in the liners on the intake valve side.

With this cam, the difference in lift at the valve between  a 1.42 ratio and a
1.5 ratio rocker arm is .040".  That would put the top ring real close to the
existing relief.  I wonder how close you can get?  Is there a suggested
minimum for this spec?

Rich Rock
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com