fot

[Fot] TR3A Cylinder head, looking for a good one

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TR3A Cylinder head, looking for a good one
From: "Alexandre Camoletti" <ac@camoletti.ch>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 14:52:16 +0100
Amici ! Discovered this week end in the shop while finally attending in view
of porting my cyl head that it had been previously fitted with hardened
exhaust seat inserts, and that running from below the insert on N04, a =
long hairline crack developed down the port (on the side of the inlet
valve). I found a little bit of humidity in this cylinder when dismantling,
but thought it was a head gasket problem as liner decks were not correct.

So water came from that crack.

I never heard about welding these places in a cylinder head.

So would anyone have a good TR3A cyl head for sale ? The car being concours
it should be the correct TR3A head.

Cast number is 302 137. If I really cannot find a correct head, then I will
look for a later head, which presumably is more readily available.

If the head is milled and /or somewhat flown is not a problem, as the engine
is being built to very fast road specs.

Thank you Amici!

Cheers!

Alex