fot

Re: [Fot] question about Southwick axle mod

To: dlhogye@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] question about Southwick axle mod
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 03:30:01 GMT
I had not noticed this on the one that I had Southwick make (I did not really
look), but I later had ends welded on another axle using my own jig and
noticed that when centered on the diff bearings the small ford ends were not
perfectly centered on the tubes.  My axle tubes, however, had brackets welded
on them for the 4-link system, which likely warped them.   I also welded the
tubes to the carrier housing and noticed that as I did this the tubes would
shift around.  Do all your welding before having the small ford ends welded
on.  Joe(B)