fot

Re: [Fot] TOLY ARUTUNOFF INJURED

To: <n197tr4@cs.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TOLY ARUTUNOFF INJURED
From: Sam Halkias <atr6racer@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 07:56:45 -0500
>From an email I received. An excerpt from Karen Arutunoff's Facebook page:

Prayers=Miracles, God's way of saying I'm here and I love all my children as
if each was an only child. I have now spoken with the attending physician and
the good news is Toly is stable, talking. His right leg is gone and his left
is shattered. They have not attended to the left leg in light of the trauma of
the accident. They are keeping a close eye on him for any changes in intensive
care as it has only been a matter of hours since the accident and he has
multiple injuries. His blood pressure is good, pulse good, kidneys not good.
Seems he was parked on the side of I40 in Amarillo in the blizzard helping a
man whose car had spun out and was stuck. Another car came along and T-boned
an exposed Toly and drove off. Because of the cold the blood loss was not as
severe as it could have/should have been. The leg was instantly gone. The only
surgery that was performed was to close the wound. Amarillo is closed for
business due to the blizzard but a prayer team from a church in Texas is going
to the trauma center to be with him. Another Amarillo angel is going to Best
Buy and getting a cell phone so I can speak to him. He thinks I am his
girlfriend. Can't remember being married when questioned. I have chosen to be
flattered. This is long road we are on but I will get to Amarillo w Trace as
soon as the weather allows. God has already gotten us this far. I know he will
take us the rest of the way. Bless you all. Your prayers produce miracles.
Please don't stop!

Sam Halkias