fot

Re: [Fot] standing starts

To: "Wes Dayton" <wes@hsrca.org.au>, "MadMarx"
Subject: Re: [Fot] standing starts
From: "RACER BUD" <budscars@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 17:24:09 -0800
The standing starts are also 'great equalizers' because some drivers can
turn very fast lap times, but have no 'racecraft'....while a good driver
that may have had a mechanical problem in qualifying starts 1/4 of a mile
back....Having raced in standing starts in FP at Riverside, and having stood
next to the grid for the standing start of the big bore races(THE GROUND
SHAKES)!.....It's an experience that every racer should have the opportunity
to do at least once....It is just SO COOL!!
Racer Bud