fot

[Fot] Introduction to the List

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Introduction to the List
From: TRDOCTOR@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 08:35:49 EDT
Hello
My name is Sam Clark and my wife, Carol, and I instigated the formation of
Green Country Triumphs in 1993.  We bought our TR3 back in 1989 and it was
an experience.  It was in a friend's garage and Carol fell in love with
it.  It didn't run but with a little gas in the carbs it would start.   The
brakes were toast due to DOT3 fluid so we took to a local shop to have them
rebuilt.  I had no experience with British cars to that point, having owned
Mustangs before but the learning curve was steep after having to pay someone
to  work on the car.  I soon bought a manual and stared doing the work my
self.  In 1995 We bought a 1972 TR6 from California and restored it.   2
years ago we bought a '72 GT6 and have been working on it.  Even though  we
don't race (not enough funds) our Club supports our members by doing the work
on their cars free of charge (if they buy the parts and consumables).  I
have helped Larry Young on his race car and have tried to support him with
some  of the work.  We rebuild transmissions and overdrive units for the club
and  are published on the TVR site for our work.
Thanks to Larry Young for the nomination and Andy Mace for the  second.
I'm sure that Carol and I have met a lot of y'all and look forward to
seeing all y'all soon.
Sam and Carol Clark
Green Country Triumphs (Tulsa, OK)
fot@autox.team.net