fot

Re: [Fot] GT6 trans cover pattern ?

To: Gt6steve@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] GT6 trans cover pattern ?
From: Jason Ostrowski <jason@multivintage.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 17:33:37 -0500
The Dzus is a great idea. Ive been wanting to do that too. Those screws seem
to have to come off quite often...I have to take mine off after every
session to examine whats leaking or flapping in the breeze.

Also, take into consideration that the gap between the firewall and the
tunnel cover CAN catch the edge of the gas peddle and trap it. Glued to the
floor. "ALL IN" with no hope of slowing down. Don't ask how I know this, but
I'm a bit paranoid about it and currently ritualize five pieces of duct tape
to seal the gap before every session. Yikes! In spite of mine being a nice
custom fiberglass an aluminum cover I have plans to make the edge by the
accelerator extend way over to the left and somehow attach under the gas
peddle.
Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing.

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 10:20 AM, <Gt6steve@aol.com> wrote:  One
poser that I'm still stewing on is the front flange to the firewall
cutout.  I'm thinking this should be thicker, maybe .125.  Beyond  that, I'm
thinking of bringing the sides straight down to use Dzus fasteners  instead
of
the stock bent flange and screws.
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com