fot

[Fot] shiny bits and pieces in the oil canister

To: FoT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] shiny bits and pieces in the oil canister
From: Bobby Whitehead <igofaster@att.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 06:57:44 -0700 (PDT)
I ran Hallett last week with CVAR and was finally rewarded with placing 13
starting position, with Herb Hilton on my right and P.D. Sohn on my left. These
guys are both very good drivers with very well prepared cars. I thought for a
moment the skies opened up and I saw little angels. I highlight of my brief
racing career.

Later in the session (I finished 15th out of 29) that little red lamp on the
dash started flickering. It was the cool down lap so I did my best to just
coast
into my garage space.
Low oil pressure and higher oil temperature seemed to be the way the car was
running. It was the first time I've used multi-viscosity oil and I think THAT
was a mistake to start off with.
I have a Canton external oil filter and after draining the oil with bits and
pieces on the drain plug, the oil canister revealed shiny bits and pieces in
the
canister.

Yesterday was the initial 'get the engine out of the car' mode. Today is the
transmission and I should have the engine out.
I saw some discussion about this a few weeks back about the Accusump and oil
cooler and what the process is of removing the particles from these. Can
someone
remind me or is there a way to research this in the FoT thread of past?
The GT6 holds about 8 quarts of oil in all my oil lines, filter, and Accusump.
I've got a race at Eagles Canyon in May I've got my sites on.

FoT Forever!

Bobby Whitehead
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com