fot

Re: [Fot] headgasket approaches tr3 tr4 a brief summary. fyi

To: timmurph@fastbytes.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] headgasket approaches tr3 tr4 a brief summary. fyi
From: n197tr4@cs.com
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 10:43:49 -0400
 Excellent!

SURVEY SAYS:

the guys on the east coast prefer PAYEN

the guys on the west coast prefer solid gaskets

simple answer to complex subject.....

once again, success depends on everything being up to specifications,
methinks.

i gained considerably from the responses and it was greatly appreciated.

ultimately, the Payen is likely the most forgiving...seems right.

the solid gaskets work well when there is supreme attention to detail.

the jury is still out on Cometic, but might be used more if it were configured
closer to our needs.

the use of gasket dressing is 'nothing' to several choices. I could buy into
any of the choices and have a theory of my own for the steel shim gasket, but
have not tried it.

Thanks!   this list is the best.  i got about 20 responses. a nice sampling.

Joe A