fot

Re: [Fot] TR4 dual circuit brakes - restrictor valve

To: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4 dual circuit brakes - restrictor valve
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 15:17:25 -0700
You shouldn't need a residual pressure valve for the drums. I'm not sure what
you have, if it's a variable restrictor it's for changing the front/rear bias
then it might be useful, though I don't care much for them. You want a
residual pressure regulator to keep the disk pucks from withdrawing too far
when you let off the brake (the seal lip elasticity pulls them back). That
isn't necessary with drums because you have mechanical adjustment of that.

On May 18, 2011, at 2:01 PM, J.C. Hassall wrote:

> I'm installing a dual circuit setup in my TR4, and based on a vendor
suggestion I bought a 10# restrictor valve for the drums.  However, after
browsing the archives it appears that I shudda bought a restrictor for the
disks.  Damn, another backtrack.  Is a restrictor for the disks warranted,
instead of the drums?  If so, I assume a 2# unit would be the correct size?

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive