fot

Re: [Fot] TR7 Head Gasket Issues

To: "'Craig Leinicke'" <craigl@leinickegroup.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR7 Head Gasket Issues
From: "macdonaldp" <macdonaldp@rogers.com>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 09:59:44 -0400
Here is a suggestion from the TR7 Forum.

Does anyone have experience with the copper head gasket and the sealing
rings or even the grooves cut into the block?

Anyplace in North America do this?

Thanks

Paul

Contact Coltec Racing - they used to be Holbay Racing and they built the
Formula 3 Sprint engines.

http://coltecracing.com/

I was talking to one of them about 20 years ago and remember mention of
grooves in the head/block as used here:

http://www.ferriday.co.uk/copper/copper.shtml

Quote: "A more aggressive sealing method is to machine a groove into the top
of the block and inlay a piece of wire that protrudes to "bite" into the
copper gasket. If a "receiver" groove is machined into the head the wire
will push the copper into the head groove - this is very aggressive & very
effective."