fot

Re: [Fot] Liners and Alum rad cleaner

To: Greg & Alison Blake <ablake2@austin.rr.com>, "fot@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Fot] Liners and Alum rad cleaner
From: "Kramer, Robert" <RKramer@rdoequipment.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 07:34:25 -0500
Since we can't run anti-freeze with its anti rust properties rust in the
cooling system is common for us. I use water wetter most of the time and it
purports to have some rust inhibitors but I still get rust. IMHO the rust is
coming from the block, in the cooling areas around the liners. The older the
engine the more it attaches to the liners. What I'm saying is I doubt you have
a liner problem. The liners are a much higher quality steel than the cast
block. Now that you mention it I'd better schedule a cooling system flush. I
used to do that all the time. I think Prestone sells both a cooling systm
chemical for flushing and an Anti Rust inhibitor.

Bob Kramer
Texas Rental Manager
RDO Equipment Company
16415 N. IH 35  Pflugerville, TX 78660
512-687-7422 Office
512-657-8526 Cell

Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn
out. ~John Wooden