fot

Re: [Fot] Alternator Refit

To: TRDOCTOR@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Alternator Refit
From: Scott Janzen <sjanzen@me.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 21:10:25 -0400
Not sure if I have the same "Bosch" alternator as you.  Mine has a Bosch
sticker on it and a number above a bar code 14824, but it also has ND stamped
into the center of the rear cover (Nippon Denso).  In any case, its a small
50-55 amp unit I got at Pep Boys.  If you google "worldwide alternator 14824"
it will take you to an Advance Auto Parts website with a photo of the rear of
this alternator, showing the connections.  from 5 minutes on the web, it looks
like there have been many variations made and sold by ND and Bosch.

The threaded stud terminal is wired directly to the battery on my car with a 4
gauge wire, though it should be wired through the kill switch, and there is a
three spade connection designed for a plug connector.  You only need to connect
a wire to one of those from your ignition/power switch.  If you think of the
spade (male) connectors as forming a "U", with two parallel to each other and
one at right angles at the bottom of the U, the ignition switch wire should go
to the right hand side of the U.  I can send you a photo, but if this set-up
matches yours all should be clear.  I think the other connectors are for an
idiot light and I'm not sure what else.