fot

[Fot] TR6 Gearbox Extension Housing Identification

To: "'Friends of Triumph'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TR6 Gearbox Extension Housing Identification
From: "Peter Vucinic" <pvucinic@netspace.net.au>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 19:21:04 +1000
Dear Listers,

I am currently rebuilding a TR6 Close Ratio Gearbox for a friend of mine,
with the QUAIFE  gear set.

I need some help in identifying the rear extension housing that he had
shipped with the box. It was supposed to be a TR6 extension housing. BUT,
the extension housing face that mates to the back of the gear case, does NOT
have the cast 'slot' that allows the ext. housing to clear the reverse gear
shaft/countershaft/locking tab. Anyone know what model of Triumph this
extension housing is from? Not that it solves my problem of not having a
housing! I am just curious as to what it is from? Hoping the combined wisdom
of the list will let me get some sleep by coming up with the solution!

Many thanks in advance!

Kind Regards

Peter Vucinic

TR-4