fot

Re: [Fot] Hot Running 6

To: "Glenn Franco" <gaf3@charter.net>, "Friends of Triumph"
Subject: Re: [Fot] Hot Running 6
From: "Greg Solow" <Gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 17:24:42 -0700
Siince the distributor is a vacuum retard type. The vacuum normally retards
the timeing from about 12 degrees before tdc to 4degrees atdc. Without the
retard connected the timing should be about 12 degrees btdc at idle speed.
when you rev the engine up, with all vacuum lines to the distributor
disconnected, you should get about 36 degrees total maximum mechanical
advance. You may be able to get away with up to 38 or 40 degrees, dependiing
on the compression ratio of the engine. You will have to slow down the idle
considerably when you advance the timing. That should make the engie run
cooler and have more power and be more responsive.

                Greg Solow