fot

Re: [Fot] Loosing stuck pistons

To: fot <fot@autox.team.net>, Duncan Charlton
Subject: Re: [Fot] Loosing stuck pistons
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 06:24:29 -0700 (PDT)
Duncan: FWIW I had to unstick a piston/liner last month from a 3 motor. After
using Liquid wrench, PB Blaster, Kroll, etc. I had about given up and figured
I would just break the piston. The gentleman with the shop next to me, who is
restoring a '46 Stinson Monoplane wandered over and suggested Coca-Cola! Damn
if it didn't work. I let it soak overnight from the top down. I can't vow for
other cheaper brands of cola :O)
-Ed-